Friday, January 25, 2008

The Hazardous Banana Peel

Sooo...the girls and I had a good laugh on our drive to NYC last weekend. We set out at 7am to begin our four-hour treck and along the way snacked on breakfast and then some bananas and clementines that I grabbed from home before leaving. Alicia finished a banana and began rolling down the window to throw her peel out on the highway. Almost instantaneously, old episodes of Tom & Jerry flashed through my head...of Tom wiping out on a banana peel that Jerry strategically places on the kitchen floor, and I say "but what if a car slips on your banana peel?" We all busted out in laughter. But then I uttered, "seriously, what if a tire slides on it and fish-tails, possibly creating an accident?" The girls think it's a ridiculous notion. Complete nonsense, I realize, but it COULD happen, you know! Perhaps the reader should decide...What do you think? ;)

3 comments:

TnD said...

Dave here. I must say that the only thing that might be at risk of slipping is your common sense, but that doesn't mean I don't want you hazarding those treacherous highways to come and visit us in NYC. BTW, watch out for gum on the highway, it will make your tires stick to the street and cause you to stall in your lane.

blogger456 said...

Apparently you've watched Billy Madison one too many times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsNgRmsx-14

Chris said...

My car once tripped on a stick ! !