Saturday, November 22, 2008

The Tragic Price of POOR Choices

A colleague just sent me an email with the following article attached. My mouth literally dropped open as I read through the article and found that 5 of these ten individuals arrested were students that I worked with at Westfield High School from 2002-2006. I KNEW these kids! J.R. Quick, Skylar Schnippel, Anna Richter, Lokesh Rawat, David Schreider. I worked with Anna and David on their post-graduation plans...clearly I didn't make much of an impression! I should be fired! ;) J.R. was consistently in trouble, failing classes, disrespecting teachers, etc.; even referred him for drug use/abuse services. But Skylar was a mainstream good student and athlete. To think that all of them have their lives and their futures in the trash right now...SO INCREDIBLY SAD!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/
11/19/AR2008111903276_pf.html

2 comments:

The Mechlings said...

oh jen, i understand how you feel. One of my old students is in prison for murder. The link didn't work but I googled their names and saw the article ... so sad and so stupid. Makes you wonder what in the world they were thinking!!

TnD said...

Where are these kids getting the kind of money it takes to buy heroin? Hopefully, her horrible death will wake up her friends and boyfriend.