Friday, March 28, 2008

Thailand in Color

So, I just returned this past week from beautiful Thailand. It was truly an amazing trip! First and foremost, I was with two of my favorite people and dearest friends, Diedra Spencer and Jen Griffith. But aside from having great travel companions, we experienced quite a bit in the "Land of Smiles". We visited the temples in Bangkok and Chiang Mai, rode elephants, had massages (multiple...since they were dirt cheap)! We also enrolled in a Thai cooking class, rode up the Ping and Chao Praya rivers, visited the night market daily (and spent mucho dinero!), rode in a Tuk Tuk (open air cab), went to the beach, visited the factories for making Thai Silk, Parasols, laquerware, and silver...and the list goes on.

I tried to narrow down the number of pictures, but alas, there is just too much to share. Enjoy the album!

5 comments:

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

Who knew you had so many talents. What a great photographer you are. Thanks for sharing you photos. I wish I could have tagged along. I'm sure it would have been OK to take my girls too, riiight?

TnD said...

You just fulfilled a dream of mine. I am so jealous. You pics are so vibrant. I love all the colors!

Ang said...

What a neat trip! I never would have thought of Thailand, but now I'm interested in going there. Your pictures are gorgeous. The kids all love your elephant pictures. HOW COOL!

Jill said...

These pics are great but I want to see more! Looks like you had a great time!!!

The Mechlings said...

What a wonderful trip, Jen! you are, as I knew years ago, a fabulous photographer but I didn't know what a funny, descriptive writer you are! so glad I found your blog ... I'll be a regular now. Love you!