Monday, May 19, 2008

I LOVE living in DC!!!


So, I've been out on my bike a lot lately. Last Thursday, I had planned to go on a ride with a friend. By the time we got out it was nearing dusk, so we chose a quick ride from Crystal City (where I live) into the District and around the monuments. We rode over the Memorial Bridge, down along the Reflecting Pool by the Lincoln Monument, past the Vietnam and Korean, then the WW II and the Washington Monuments. We finished off down by the capital. I just LOVE it here! What a beautiful, unique, and exciting city I live in! After nearly 10 years, DC has truly become my home; I can't imagine any other place in the world the I want to live right now...or ever.

Isn't it amazing at night?! If you haven't ever been here, please come visit anytime...and if you have?...come visit anyway!

3 comments:

The Mechlings said...

oh STOP!!! I'm green with envy that you are there and I am HERE!!! but at least you love and appreciate the total beauty and unique-ness of where you live. wish we could come up for a visit soon!

TnD said...

Wow. Those pics are gorgeous. Next time I come we have to do a bike ride past all the monuments at night.

Ang said...

It does sound like a beautiful place. I have always wanted to go there, so I'm glad you have no intentions of moving because someday when we come there we want you to show us everything there is to see!