Saturday, May 3, 2008

Taking the Plunge...

Today I attended the baptism of Matt Burgess. What a beautiful experience! It was a great reminder of the importance of the gospel in our lives...a great reminder of my commitment to the Savior and the promises that I (and we) made at Baptism. I have been thinking long and hard since about the purpose of our existence on earth and my need to focus on continuously developing my relationship with our Heavenly Father and the Savior, Jesus Christ so that I better understand who they are and who I am in relation to them and the plan of salvation. I'm so grateful for the simple faith and courage of people like Matt who help me remember the reasons why we live the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.

4 comments:

TnD said...

You posted! Three times. I love it, you have been holding out on us. Just as I was beginning to give up on you. You may have just inspired a new post in me. Glad you are back!

amylouwhosews said...

I"ve missed you too! and have been meaning to call you FOREVER. Hope everything is going well. Let's catch up soon!

Ang said...

That must have been a really neat experience. Adriana was baptized the beginning of this month (it was so cute!). It's interesting to me how strongly the spirit testifies to you the truth of what is being said or done. It always makes me want to start fresh and step up to what I should be doing.

Jen said...

I know, I know! This blogging stuff is hard work! Who has time, is what I say?! I promise to be better!