Sunday, August 2, 2009

And it only took 9 months...

...To finish making a duvet cover for my bed! Last fall, I decided that I wanted to redecorate my room; as part of that project, I would make my own duvet cover. My good friend, Rita, graciously volunteered to help me with the project - a project that would be my first sewing project. But realistically, Rita did all the sewing because I possess ZERO sewing skills! Thank you, Rita!!! We would get together here and there to have dinner, catch up, and do a little work on the duvet cover. In June, I picked up the duvet cover from her house and sewed on the buttons to complete the duvet.

It's two sided, so that I can use the darker side in a different season.

Just last weekend, I bought a few finishing touches and my bed is now complete! I just love it! What is it about finishing something that is so incredibly satisfying?!


The finished product! (now I just need curtains!)

1 comment:

amylouwhosews said...

Very nice! Love it! You're going to get hooked. I'm just warning you. Let me know when you want to come down and have a sewing-fest!