Tuesday, August 4, 2009

My first sewing project...for real!


So, I know it seemed like completing my duvet cover was my first sewing project...but really it was ALL Rita! This time, I actually ventured out on a mission to complete my first ever simple sewing project, as a wedding gift for a friend (Emily Caroline Hurren)...a tablecloth that will compliment her place settings. It took me (what seems like) an eternity! Charlee lent me her sewing machine, but it took me a really long time to figure out how to thread it. And then of course I had to figure out how to sew in a straight line. I was laughing along as I would steer off course, get nervous and floor the pedal by mistake...oops. Then I would reposition the needle back onto the fabric and do the same thing all over again! By the 4th side of the tablecloth, I had it down! That little project has quite a few crooked lines... Em, let's just consider it a labor of love! You should be honored to be in possession of a Jen Ferrara original...and the inaugural tablecloth ;)

It was so much fun! I feel such satisfaction in creating and learning new skills!

Voila! C'est fini!

5 comments:

TnD said...

Love, it love it, love and especially the steering off course part.

amylouwhosews said...

Totally cute - and it really isn't that crooked! Really you did a great job!

Tender Mercies said...

Mauri just told me about this. I LOVE it! You'll have to show me how you did it!

Merianne said...

You're turning in to quite the little sewer! I couldn't be more proud. Now, you get to come over to my house and teach ME!

Cheryl said...

Hey Jen.
remember me? your old roommate?
I found you on Gary Websters FB. Just thought I'd pop in and say hi. Its been YEARS, but you look great and you sound super happy.
I love love love to sew. You did such a great job on your project.
Take care!
-cheryl